Monday, April 4, 2011

Best Pizza Ever! Pizza Quattro Formaggi

     Why is it that everyone loves pizza, people crave it and eat it over and over again.  It is the staple food for frat boys and executives alike.  What is the allure of this food?   Does it have some sort of magical power, or are we just looking for a cheap and easy comfort food?

     I have to admit that usually I am not much of a pizza person.  Usually it is so salty and greasy that it just isn't for me.  However, at one of my new favorite restaurants they had this pizza on the menu and I fell in love with it.  It was really the perfect pizza, of course the restaurant wouldn't give me the recipe so I had to replicate it on my own.  This recipe makes for an upscale pizza that makes a great lunch or dinner with a green salad.


Pizza Quattro Formaggi


Makes 2 (12 Inch) Pizzas

 Ingredients:

2 Pizza Dough Balls (use dough recipe of your choice)
6 Ounces shredded mozzarella
3 Ounces crumbled gorgonzola
4 Ounces Creamy White Cheese (this will be the sauce)
4 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
6 Ounces prosciutto (shaved)
1/2 Cup Rocket Arugula

Cook at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

No comments: