Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I have been reading Wednesday...Domino the Book of Decorating

     Lately I have been really trying to revitalize my apartment, to really turn it into a sanctuary.  I really do believe that a person's home is their castle, their retreat from the world.  I want my apartment to be just that, my refuge, where I want to be, and where others want to come visit.  This book has been serving as a reference on transforming my apartment. Domino: The Book of Decorating; a room by room guide to creating a home that makes you happy.  This really is a extremely useful book for many reasons, which I will discuss.

     Have you ever looked at a home decor book and thought that it was just unrealistic, or impractical to recreate?  You know those books, the ones that are borderline Sci-Fi, because you know that they are from a completely different parallel universe where those things just don't happen, especially for young women on a budget.  I love this book because it doesn't just focus on those who have the money for a top to bottom makeover.  They teach where to get the most bang for your buck, where to spend the most, and where to save a buck or two.  Also I love the suggestions for the DIY projects.  Also they show how to mix and match different design styles to come up with your own signature style.  The two styles that I am mingling in my apartment is the shabby chic style and french parisian.  Or in other words, grown-up, but super girly.  I will definitely have to post some pics when I have completed the transformation.


     This book really does try to make great interior design accessible to everyone, and tries to give everyone the confidence to let their imagination run wild.  Let your place really reflect you, make it a place that your are excited to go to at the end of the day.

No comments: