Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I have been Reading Wednesday...How to Cook Everything

     I have made no secret of my love of cookbooks.  I know I have way more than most people will ever need, but I love having my cookbooks.    I love the ideas and creativity that these cookbooks spark inside of me.  I am often asked what I think is a good cookbook for a novice cook, this is one of my favorites for a cook just starting out.  This is a cookbook that teaches the basics, what food is all about, the basic techniques and the basic flavor combinations.

     As with anything, to be really good at cooking one must practice, and one must build a strong foundation of knowledge.  I am always amazed how many people want to jump to the complex and fancy recipes before learning the essentials.  This book will teach the essentials, the fundamentals.  After working through this book you will have the confidence to move on to the fancier recipes, and those recipes will make sense this time when you try them.  I definitely encourage you to check out this cookbook, you will find it far more useful than you ever anticipated.  This book also makes a great graduation gift or bridal shower gift, just don't forget to get one for yourself.  Let me know what you think.

No comments: