Monday, March 28, 2011

Arugula, Peach & Prosciutto Salad

     Lately I have been loving arugula.  I have been having at least one arugula salad a day for the past several weeks.  Usually for my salads I mix one part spinach to one part arugula for my salad greens.  If you have not had arugula before it has almost a peppery taste to it.  It is great fresh in salads, or wilted, or it is also great in soups.  Definitely give this a try, it has so much more flavor then other greens.  I hear so often people saying that they do not like salad, or that lettuce is just for rabbits.  If I had iceberg lettuce salads I would not like salads either, who would find that at all appetizing?

     The key to salads is to make them flavorful and delicious, then eating healthy is not a chore.  Also arugula and spinach are so much healthier for you than iceberg lettuce could ever dream of being.  I have always loved salads, but I have always been quite particular about what greens I use.  I find the spinach and arugula salad to be the best combination for me, some people like to use baby greens, use whatever works best for you.  The great thing with salads is that you get to make them however you want, it is always nice to have a recipe that you can alter and make however you want.  This is also a great way to start out a healthy meal, or also a great lunch to take to work and enjoy.  It will make a salad lover out of you yet!


Arugula, Peach & Prosciutto Salad


Ingredients

1 bag arugula
3 peaches, sliced into 8 slices each
8 thin slices prosciutto, roughly ripped up
2 Tbsp shaved parmesan
1 Tbsp pomegrante seeds (optional)
Dressing

1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
Pinch of pepper and sea salt

No comments: