Thursday, February 24, 2011

I am lucky, lucky girl...

     Some days it amazes me how fortunate I am.  While I may not have it all together, I do have a great life that I am very thankful for.  So many times I think we fall into the trap of losing sight of what is important in the big picture for moments of instant gratification.  There is a lot to be said for the simpler life.  I don't know that I will ever have a truly simple life, but I am trying to live simpler.  I am trying to avoid the excess that I think we are all so prone to.



     I am reorganizing my apartment and trying to make it "just so".  It is a daunting undertaking at times.  Who would have ever guessed so much could fit in one apartment?  As I have been bagging things to drop off at goodwill it has been hitting me again and again how lucky I have been.  Yes I have an apartment, yes I have to live on a budget, yes I can't buy every designer thing I would like.  No, I don't know what its like to wonder where are my meals coming from, will I be able to pay rent?

     I am trying to be more aware of my blessings in life, and more grateful, as cliche as it sounds, it does make every day more enjoyable.  Everyday is a gift, I just get to decide what I do with it.

No comments: