Sunday, December 12, 2010

What a wirlwind.....

     Some weeks are boring and drag on forever, others are jam packed with so much stuff to get done there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  And some weeks, we've all had those weeks where there seems to be some sort of a disconnect, almost as though it is a surreal week.  This week has been one of those, not a bad week by any means just one of those weeks that always keeps you on your toes in suspense.

     This weekend was great, I was able to do a lot of things that I really enjoy.  I worked on my quilting with a friend, got to go out to dinner, and was able to experiment in the kitchen.  I love to bake, I love to cook sweets and I love the smell of them, but to be honest rich desserts can be a bit too much for me.  I decided to try a recipe for better than sex cake, or as I call it "better than sin cake".  I made it this weekend since Monday I plan on starting my diet and exercise that I told you all about, so its best to get this out of the way first.   I actually got this recipe from a friend,  I am always nervous about making things from a box, because I usually never do it, I am a strictly from scratch girl, so I was pleased with how this turned out.  Its a ridiculously easy recipe, definitely can be thrown together on any weeknight, and you will get rave reviews.




Better Than Sin Cake

1 Box German Chocolate Cake
1 Tub Cool-Whip Thawed
2 cups Hot Fudge Sauce
4 Heath Bars (crushed)
1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk

Directions:

1) Bake German Chocolate Cake according to directions on box.  Poke holes with the a straw throughout the cake.  Spread the sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let cool.

2) Spread the Hot fudge sauce over the cake and let set.

3) Spread the Cool-Whip over the cake and cover with the crushed Heath bars.

I know it is a ridiculously easy recipe, but everyone seems to like it.  It also a great thing to bring to any of those potlucks we all get invited to.  One word of caution though, it is a very, very rich cake.

No comments: