Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

     I hope that everyone had a nice weekend.  Mine was pretty good actually.  The weekends are always great, its nice to have some time to unwind and relax.  Even if Saturdays end up being "errand day".  I was able to try the blackberry french toast I posted last week.  I made an amazing quiche as well so it was an incredible brunch that I had.  Sometimes its good to treat yourself to something special.  I talk with several of my single friends, and most of them always say the main reason that they never cook is because they just don't want to go to all of that effort for just one person.  I can understand that certainly, it is an effort , but I don't see why I should go without the things I enjoy just because I am single.  I like a nice home cooked meal at the end of the day.  I like to sit down at my table to a nice meal on my china and enjoy what I have created. 


     I also love having my friends over and enjoying a nice meal with them too.  I do try to enjoy every single day and make every day special.  Another reason I hear from friends why they don't cook is because it is too expensive.   That I totally disagree with.  I save so much money eating in, yes it does require some time and planning, but the savings are great, and the results are very satisfying.  The last reason that I hear the most on why not to cook is because they don't know what to make and are bored of the same old stuff.  Honestly I hate it when I hear that.  There are so many things that one can make, sometimes my struggle is deciding what to make out of all of the possibilities.

     I went grocery shopping on Saturday as I usually do, and I noticed how many people had nothing but frozen dinners and frozen pizzas in their carts.  I know that these are easy to make and zero clean up, I get that, but seriously you guys deserve more than that.  Everyone should be able to sit down and enjoy a good meal.  I am going to work really hard to share all of my cooking adventures with you.  I don't have much time myself, so I know how important easy budget cooking can be and I will share that with you, just please no more TV dinners!

No comments: