Saturday, December 4, 2010

Three Weeks till Christmas!!!

     Three weeks till Christmas!  Where has the time gone?  I can not believe how fast 2010 went by!  The apartment is all decorated for Christmas, and the stockings are hung.  It will be my first Christmas in this apartment and I am actually really excited for that.  The Christmas tree fit nicely close to the fireplace, and it looks so pretty all lit up at night.  My dog especially loves the tree, she will look at it for hours and bat at the branches.  It isn't quite a Norman Rockwell picture, but it will certainly do for now.


     It seems as though every family has their own individual traditions for Christmas.   Some act out the Nativity, or read the story of Christ's birth.  Every family does something.  This year unfortunately I am unable to go home for Christmas.  I will be having Christmas here, so I think now may be a good year to start some traditions of my own.  I am not sure what I will do yet though.   I know for Christmas I will be hosting a Christmas Dinner at my apartment, for others who were unable to go home for the holidays.  I am still debating on the menu, so many good choices of what to make.  Any suggestions?

     Well I am off to the grocery store so I have food to cook for the week.  I have to admit I love grocery shopping, there is something so satisfying about it.   I would love to hear any of your holiday traditions, and what makes the Holidays special for you and your families.

No comments: