Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Decadent Moments...

     So I try to eat healthy as much as possible, but that being said we all need indulgences once in awhile.  Generally if I choose to eat something that is an indulgence I make sure it is worth every little calorie.  I am definitely not one to waste my calories on fast food or sub par food.  After all I have to work hard to burn those calories.  Same thing with candy.  I would rather have one piece of something amazing then a whole bar of something cheap and processed.


     Everyone needs a truly decadent moment every day.  You know exactly what I am talking about, that moment that is just "you time" to savor.  Some days its only a brief fleeting moment, sometimes longer, but a decadent moment  daily is definitely a must.  Sometimes it is a silly moment, like me in my pajamas sipping Martinelli's, or curled up on the couch with a quilt and a good book, whatever it is, find that moment every day. 

     What do you do to treat yourself?  What decadent moments do you have?  The oxford dictionary defines  decadence as a "luxurious self-indulgence".  Doesn't that just sound like something that you want to do everyday.  Sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest difference.  Enjoy every day.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

No comments: