Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I want this!

George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill     I really want this!  This is something I need!  Living in an apartment makes barbecuing nearly impossible, since most apartments haves those pesky rules regarding grills.  Being a southern girl I need a grill, its just a standard part of life.   This little baby is the answer to my dilemma.  It is the George Foreman indoor/outdoor grill.  It is an electric grill so there is not any charcoal or propane, making it very apartment/ condo friendly.  Right now it is only $59 on Amazon, I love that website, let me tell you.

I am getting hungry just thinking of all the things that I can make with this.  It is going to be so nice in the spring and summer when the weather is nice.  So I figure that this would be a great Christmas gift for myself, what do you think?  Course I might need to get patio furniture now too.  What I love about grills is that it is usually a pretty healthy way to cook, and on a hot day you do not have to heat up your home using an oven to make dinner.  Plus clean up is usually a breeze.  This is one of my favorite grilled chicken recipes, super easy and super delicious.


Grilled Lime Chicken

3 Tbsp Vinegar (I usually use red wine or balsamic)
2 cloves garlic pressed
2 Tbsp olive oil
black pepper (to taste)
4 chicken breasts
5 limes, halved

Combine vinegar, garlic, oil and pepper in a bowl and marinate chicken for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a pre-heated BBQ for 4-5 minutes on each side, also place limes on the BBQ to caramelize. Serve with limes and a sprinkle of vinegar

No comments: