Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Families

 
     I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  This Thanksgiving taught me more than ever how important families are, and how blessed that I am to have the amazing family that I do.  My family has helped to shape me into who I am today.  I can't imagine every having a different family.

     You know when I was younger, my brothers, oh how they tormented me.  I would get so vexed with them for teasing me.  I am afraid that I got mad at them way too often, I should have been less uptight, and had a thicker skin.  I watch my nieces and nephews play and I see the cycle repeat itself, brothers and sisters will always tease each other.  They may have always teased me, but my brothers always had my back, and there isn't anyone I trust in the world more than my brothers, (and Mom & Dad).  Thanks guys for teaching me what its really all about, and teaching me not to take myself so seriously.


     Thanksgiving always reminds me of how blessed I am.  I have a great life and I am so lucky to have what I do.  I hope that we all are able to see our blessings, and that we always have an attitude a gratitude, and make sure that people always know how much we appreciate them.  Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, I love everything about it.  Its also the time of year that I get most homesick being away from my family.

     My mother's Thanksgiving dinner is the stuff of legends, everything on the menu is absolutely delicious.  She has taught me all of the recipes, just as her mother taught her those recipes.  Just writing about it now reminds  of all of the smells and sounds of a Thanksgiving kitchen.  With the holiday season upon us make sure you are writing down all of the family recipes of the season.

No comments: